Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday's Assignment June 1, 2016
Here are your tasks

    ESA----Employment Standards Act
 ESA is for most workers in Ontario. It does not apply to workers in federally-regulated industries, such as banks and transportation.


1.What are your greatest concerns about workers' rights in Canada?

   My greatest concerns are about that Employers have to treat workers fairly and offer better working conditions.

2. Is it whether your immigration status as a newcomer is a factor? 
    Immigration status does not matter. I do not need to be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or holder       of a work permit to be covered by the ESA.

3. Are you worried about age or racial discrimination?
   Yes. I am worried. This is a sensitive issue. 
      a. The boss did not hire me.
      b. The boss hired me later, if these problems occur. I will be able to pick up the legal weapons to defend myself.

4.  Is it about holiday pay or overtime work?
     overtime begins once an employee has worked more than 44 hours in a work week. This means that they must receive overtime pay for time worked in ...
      holiday pay If the employee agrees to work during the public holiday, the employee can receive regular pay for the holiday worked plus a substitute holiday with “public  holidays pay”.

5.  Or whether you could join a union?
    Every situation is different. For now, I do not need to because I have no job.
 If one day, I get a job. I could join a union. I'll be protected by a union. If  I am experiencing problems in the workplace. I may ask them for help.
 Usually, union dues are taken off from my pay cheque.


No comments:

Post a Comment