Monday, May 23, 2016

3.Reading-5, 24+1 By May 20
Reading
5.CLB5R Read a workplace email message about a company fundraising event to decide whether to participate.
  1. If it's too small, use Ctrl-+ to enlarge the email. Read to find out or imagine how well Mike and Jenny know each other, the frequency of receiving such requests, and whether Jenny is in a position to donate. Discuss with 2 classmates when fundraising emails might become harassment, if ever.
  2. Draft a short email response based on your reading and thinking about the situation.
  3. Ask yourself: Did you identify specific factual details and implied meanings; purpose of the message; reader/writer relationship; mood and attitude of the writer; and context, register and style?

1)I guess Mike and Jemny are nearly friends. Because they met a week ago when he wrote this letter. but they don"t live in the same city. Mike also pay attention to her. He know Jenny really enjoyed those cookies. so He will be sure to bring Jenny a fresh batch when he visit NYC again in June.
2)Hello: Mike
      I'm glad to receive your email. I also know that you will be running 10 Marathon to raise money to help Sarah get treatment for cancer. You are good man. but as me . The easiest way is to sponsor her if I can give as little as $10. Because I don't have enough money to donate her. I have no job now. I'm sorry!
       But I have a good idea. It can help her. If  I have more time than money. I can do volunteer. Because the Marathon event needs lots of volunteers set up the Marathon course. Hand out drinks and food to the participants. and clean up. every little bit helps.
       How do you think aboout it? I hope for your reply. see you soon. bye!
                                                                                       xiaoyun
3)  Yes. I have done.




No comments:

Post a Comment